Baby Spinach Salad with Wilted Wild Mushrooms and Crumbled Goat Cheese
For the dressing
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ Tbsp roasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp white sugar
- ¾ tsp ginger, grated
- ½ clove of garlic, grated
- ¼ tsp black pepper
For the salad
- 1 sweet corn on the cob
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for cooking
- Sea salt, to taste
- 200g mixed wild mushrooms, stems removed and sliced thinly
- 30g baby spinach leaves
- 20g rocket salad leaves
- 30g gem lettuce, trimmed
- 60g sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ or 1 avocado, peel and cut into dice sized pieces
- 80g goat cheese (semi hard), crumbled
- 40g walnut, toasted and crushed
- 14g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- First make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, vegetable oil, sugar, ginger, garlic and black pepper. Mix well until all the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Next, place a griddle pan over high heat, and heat until smoking hot. Brush the corn with some of the olive oil and season with salt generously. Place the corn on the griddle, and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender and charred. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cooled, place on a cutting board and using a serrated knife, cut the kernels off the corn. Place into a bowl, and season with salt to taste.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over high heat, and drizzle with olive oil. Tip in the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender and just softened. Remove from heat and place into a bowl and allow to cool. Season with salt to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach, rocket, lettuce, tomato, avocado, cooled mushrooms, and corn together with a drizzle of the dressing. Divide over two plates, and scatter with goat cheese, walnut pieces, and pumpkin seeds to top. Serve immediately.