Broccoli, Mushroom and Sesame Salad
This light fresh salad can be served as a banchan or as a larger plate. You’ll find that it is quite tasty, and the nuttiness of the sesame oil paired with the tartness of the apple vinegar is a great combination.
Serves 4 portions
- 1 bunch Broccolini (12 ounces), trimmed
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper or gochugaru
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the Broccolini until bright green and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the salt and black pepper, and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and black pepper and serve.