Korean Spicy cold noodles (BIBIM NAENGMYUN)
- 400g naengmyeon noodle (Korean Buckwheat Noodles)
For naengmyun sauce:
- 2 Tbsp gochugaru
- 1 Tbsp gochujang
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Korean apple vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp mul-yeot (Korean corn syrup)
- ½ tsp garlic, grated
- ½ tsp ginger, grated
- 1 spring onion, minced
- 1 ½ tsp roasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp roasted white sesame seed
- 16 slices of breakfast radish
- 20g julienned unpeeled cucumber
- 4 large eggs, poached
- 5g salad cress
- 4 pinch of roasted black sesame seeds
- For naengmyun sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until smooth, set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions. Rinse well with cold water, massaging to remove excess starch. Drain and set aside.
- To serve, divide the noodles between 4 bowls and pour the naengmyun sauce over the noodles. Divide the radish, cucumber, cress, and eggs between the bowls. Sprinkle black sesame seeds over each egg.
Explore Seoul’s fun, vibrant and colourful flavours at our Korean-American street-food restaurant: Seoul Bird. Visit and celebrate with us.
Shop cookery books and affiliated discounts for Judy’s favourite luxury kitchenware, home accessories and beauty products.
Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
Pajeon (Korean Scallion Pancakes with Pork)
Baked Ginger Salt Sea Bass
Judy’s ultimate guide to Korean food. Get started on your journey! Find out the chef’s top kitchen necessities and best places to eat in Seoul.