Prawns in chili with asparagus
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ lemon sea salt
- 10-12 prawns, cleaned tails on
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced, or grated on a microplane
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- sea salt
- ½ green chili, deseeded, finely chopped
- ½ red chili, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- ½ lemon
- garnish with red amaranth and chervil (optional)
- ½ green chili, finely sliced
- In a frying pan, drizzle the vegetable oil in and bring up to high heat. Toss in the asparagus spears and cook until blistered and softened, about 3-4 minutes. Finish with sea salt and a squeeze of lemon. Keep warm.
- In a non-stick skillet, sauté the garlic and shallots in the olive oil until just softened. Add the prawns and sauté, after about 1 min, add the red and green chilies. Toss in the chopped chives. Cook until just done and tip on to a plate to stop the cooking, finish with sea salt and a squeeze of lemon. Place the asparagus on a plate and top with the prawns.
- Garnish with fresh chili slices, red amaranth and chervil.
Explore Seoul’s fun, vibrant and colourful flavours at our Korean-American street-food restaurant: Seoul Bird. Visit and celebrate with us.
Naengmyeon (Korean Cold Noodle Soup)
The Best Korean Potato Salad (Gamja Salad 감자샐러드)
Judy’s ultimate guide to Korean food. Get started on your journey! Find out the chef’s top kitchen necessities and best places to eat in Seoul.
Shop cookery books and affiliated discounts for Judy’s favourite luxury kitchenware, home accessories and beauty products.