SPICY LETTUCE WRAP SAUCE (GOCHUJANG SSAMJANG)
Use this sauce for BBQ Beef Short Ribs or any barbecued meat in general. It also does wonders when stirred into regular mayo. I serve this combo with Chicken Skewers and everything from French fries to crudités. This is the best hot sauce ever, and I find myself wanting to smear it on everything.
Makes about 350 ML (12 FL OZ)
- 130 g (41⁄2 oz) doenjang (Korean soya bean paste)
- 35 g (11⁄4 oz) gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 60 ml (2 fl oz) mirin
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients until smooth. Cover and store in the fridge if not using immediately.
Korean Royal Stir-fried Rice Cakes
Judy’s ultimate guide to Korean food. Get started on your journey! Find out the chef’s top kitchen necessities and best places to eat in Seoul.
Explore Seoul’s fun, vibrant and colourful flavours at our Korean-American street-food restaurant: Seoul Bird. Visit and celebrate with us.
Lemon & Lavender Loaf Cake with Lemon Lavender Glaze
Shop cookery books and affiliated discounts for Judy’s favourite luxury kitchenware, home accessories and beauty products.