SPICY LETTUCE WRAP SAUCE (GOCHUJANG SSAMJANG)
Use this sauce for BBQ Beef Short Ribs or any barbecued meat in general. It also does wonders when stirred into regular mayo. I serve this combo with Chicken Skewers and everything from French fries to crudités. This is the best hot sauce ever, and I find myself wanting to smear it on everything.
Makes about 350 ML (12 FL OZ)
- 130 g (41⁄2 oz) doenjang (Korean soya bean paste)
- 35 g (11⁄4 oz) gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 60 ml (2 fl oz) mirin
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients until smooth. Cover and store in the fridge if not using immediately.