SPICY PICKLED RADISH SALAD
The slender shape of julienned radish makes for quick pickling. This easy radish salad hits both the fiery notes of red kimchi and the sweetness of pickled radish. It’s great for your banchan spread or as a burst of freshness tucked into a Roasted Pork Belly Lettuce Wrap. Try it on sandwiches as well, in lieu of pickled hot peppers or jalapeño slices.
Makes about 350 ML (12 FL OZ)
- 175 g (6 oz) Korean white radish (mu) or mooli, peeled and julienned
- 11⁄2 tbsp Korean apple vinegar (sagwa-shikcho) or rice vinegar
- 11⁄2 tbsp sugar
- 11⁄2 tsp gochugaru (Korean chilli flakes)
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a medium bowl, stir together all the ingredients until the radish is coated. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.