Sunny Lemon Bars
Makes one 9 x 13-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C
- Butter and line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment and butter the paper too.
- Make the base first, using a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed. Add in the sugar and the vanilla extract, and salt and beat well, first on low and then increase the speed as the sugar is incorporated. Beat until light in color.
- Spread the dough out evenly on the bottom of the tin. Place in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown, remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, juice, and zest.
- Pour the lemon mixture, over the base, and give it a little shake to remove any air bubbles. Immediately place back into the oven and bake for another 25-30 mins, until the top is set and firm. Cool on a rack until completely cool. Cut into squares and then dust generously with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.