The Best Blueberry Muffins
Makes 1 dozen muffins
- 1¼ cup / 210g all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup / 150g white sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ cup / 35g corn starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2½ cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup / 120mL whole milk
- 2 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 large egg
- Pre heat the oven to 400F / 205C.
- Butter a 12-cup muffin tin, cups and the flat overspill areas between, line each cup with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Tip in the fresh blueberries and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, extracts, and egg. Tip into the blueberry mixture and using a spatula fold gently just until the batter comes together.
- Divide the batter among the tins and sprinkle with additional sugar. Place the tin on a sheet tray lined with tin foil and place into the oven.
- Bake until golden brown and domed on top, about 23-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean of wet batter.
- Transfer tin to a rack and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tins. Serve hot with butter.
Browse all recipes